Photo by: @no_fifty_five
Kitchen mixer taps are a type of tap that combine hot and cold water to produce the desired water temperature. They have a single spout and two handles, one for controlling the flow of hot water and one for controlling the flow of cold water.
The advantage of a kitchen mixer tap over separate hot and cold water taps is that it provides a convenient way to mix the water to the desired temperature and eliminates the need to adjust two separate taps. They can also add a modern and stylish look to a kitchen. Some mixer taps also come with additional features such as a pull-out spray, adjustable flow rate, and water filtering.
Popular Kitchen Tap Styles
- Pull-Down: a versatile style with a spray head that can be pulled down and directed to different areas of the sink.
- Pull-Out: similar to pull-down taps, but with a spray head that pulls out from the spout for better reach.
- Single-Handle: a style with a single lever that controls both water temperature and flow.
- Wall-Mount: a style that is mounted directly onto the wall above the sink and does not have a separate spout.
- Commercial-Style: a style inspired by commercial kitchens, with a high-arc spout and a sturdy, industrial look.
Choosing A Finish
There are several popular finish styles for kitchen mixer taps, including:
- A popular and classic choice, chrome has a bright and shiny appearance that is easy to clean and maintain.
- Stainless steel offers a sleek and modern look that complements many kitchen styles and is also resistant to corrosion.
- Brushed nickel has a softer, matte appearance than chrome or stainless steel and can add a touch of warmth to a kitchen.
- Black is a bold and stylish choice that can make a statement in a modern kitchen.
- Brass is a luxurious option that can add glamour to a kitchen.
What To Consider When Choosing A Finish
Consider the overall style and aesthetic of your kitchen and choose a finish that complements your cabinets, countertops, and appliances. Look for a finish that is resistant to scratches, corrosion, and tarnishing. Popular finishes such as chrome, stainless steel, and brushed nickel are typically durable and long-lasting. Consider how easy the finish will be to clean and maintain. Chrome and stainless steel are typically easy to clean, while some other finishes such as oil-rubbed bronze may require more maintenance. Choose a finish that you like and that appeals to your personal taste.
There are many different finish options available, including chrome, stainless steel, brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, black, and brass. Consider your budget and choose a finish that fits your budget. Some finishes such as brass can be more expensive than others such as chrome.
Remember that the finish you choose will impact the overall look and feel of your kitchen, so take your time to choose a finish that you will enjoy for years to come.
How To Choose Perfect Tap For Your Kitchen
Choose a tap that fits the overall style and aesthetic of your kitchen. Consider the finish, shape, and design of the tap and make sure it complements your cabinets, countertops, and appliances. Consider the height and size of your sink and make sure the tap will fit and be comfortable to use. If you have a large sink or a high-arc tap, you may want to choose a tap with a higher spout height.
Think about what you need from your kitchen tap. Do you want a pull-out spray, adjustable flow rate, or water filtering capabilities? Make sure the tap you choose has the features you need. Make sure the tap you choose is suitable for the water pressure in your home. If you have low water pressure, you may need to choose a tap with a low-flow rate.
Kitchen mixer taps can range in price from budget-friendly options to high-end luxury models. Determine your budget and choose a tap that offers the features and style you want at a price you can afford.
Consider the installation process and make sure you choose a tap that is easy to install or that you are comfortable hiring a professional to install for you. Examine the reputation of the brand you are choosing. Read reviews, ask for recommendations, and look for a brand with a good reputation for quality and customer service.